Ray, a professional baseball player and co-founder of Center of The Universe Brewing Company co-founded the Homefront IPA charity with his brother Phil in 2011 with Fremont Brewing Company. The project began as a collaborative beer developed with FBC to raise money and awareness for OH.
A classic American-style IPA brewed with orange peel and aged on Louisville Slugger maple bats, Homefront IPA is now being brewed by nine different craft brewers:
- Center of the Universe Brewing Company | Ashland, VA
- Fremont Brewing Company | Seattle, WA
- Sly Fox Brewing Company | Phoenixville, PA
- Cigar City Brewing Company | Tampa, FL
- Perennial Artisan Ales | St Louis, MO
- The Phoenix Ale Brewery | Phoenix, AZ
- 21st Amendment Brewery | San Francisco, CA
- Left Hand Brewing Company | Longmont, CO
- Stone Brewing Co. | Escondido, CA
Homefront IPA will be released on May 23 in 22oz bottles and on draught. This will be the third release of Homefront IPA, which has two main sponsors: Hop Union and Louisville Slugger.
The entire hop bill for each batch was donated by Hop Union and will be aged on maple Louisville Slugger bats that will then be auctioned off. The proceeds from sale of the bats and all beer will be donated to OH. Last year, Hops for Heroes was able to raise $165,000, and Ray hopes to continue this great tradition for years to come.
Company: Hops For Heroes
Contact: Chris Ray