SAVOR will take place on June 14-15, 2013 in New York City. The list of beers slated for the event is nothing short of incredible. Both the beers and the foods chosen to pair with them draw inspiration from across the country as 26 states are represented among the SAVOR participating breweries.
America’s beer, the IPA tops the ranks as a total of 20 excellent IPAs and double IPAs will be served at SAVOR. Other abundant categories include 10 Belgian ales, and nine sasion and sour/wild ales.
There will of course be some far less common styles popping up at SAVOR as brewers bring their most innovative offerings. Attendees can expect to find a turnip beer, chocolate peanut butter stout, light colored coffee beer, strawberry black lager, single hop IPA and watermelon wheat, amongst the many beers to SAVOR in NYC. From the innovative to the classics, the craft beers that will grace the Altman Building in June makes SAVOR the end all be all of craft beer and culinary food events.
Notable Craft Beers at SAVOR Include
- Black Ops | Brooklyn Brewery | A bottle-conditioned, barrel-aged stout that is released yearly with varying gravities.
- Habanero Sculpin IPA | Ballast Point | The flagship IPA from the San Diego brewing and spirit company, this beer gets an addition of Habanero peppers for an added element of heat on the palate of apricot, peach, mango and lemons.
- HopSavant | Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project | This dramatically different take on an IPA is dubbed the New Age IPA. This beer is fermented entirely with Brett and will be added to the brewery’s year-round portfolio.
- FV 13 | Allagash This foudre beer is made in giant oak tanks for aging and fermented with a blend of wild yeast and bacteria. This highly malted beer is has big aroma of cherries and caramel finishing sweet and tart.
- Deliverance | The Lost Abbey According to Lost Abbey “Deliverance is the epic battle being waged between heaven and hell for the souls of mortal men… and your enjoyment in a glass.” But in terms of palatable beer in your glass it’s a blend of Serpent’s Stout, a bourbon barrel aged stout, and Angel’s Share an burgundy ale infused with dark caramel malt and aged in brandy barrels for at least 12 months.
- Zombie Dust | Three Floyds Is an intensely hopped pale ale with the famed Citra hops. This “gushing undead” is an intense pale ale is and true representation of the American Pale Ale style.
- Sour Apple Saison | Epic This Belgian Style Saison is sweet and dry this beer features notes of apples spiced with coriander grains of paradise, anise, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger.
- Double Cross | Crux Fermentation Project The Bend, Oregon brewing company will be bringing the Double Cross to Savor; a strong dark Belgian Ale, with a blend of Belgian malts & dark candi sugar, finished with Sterling and Delta hops
- Goodnight Bodacious | Shorts Brewing Categorized as a Imperial IPA this beer rocks between the maltiness of Barleywine and the hoppiness of a Imperial IPA but pours an unyielding blackness. This big beer features four American hops that fight through the huge maltiness for a bitter and intense Imperial IPA with a warming finish.